Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Update overdue
Seems that I've fallen off the planet on this blog. A lot has happened since I last posted. One is that we now have ysd back at home. she approached her dad after the child support hearing in October and told him that she wanted to move back in with us. So she moved back in November.
The beginning of November my daughter flew to Texas to attend the Marine Corp Ball with her boyfriend. While there her boyfriend proposed to her. We now have two daughters engaged. They'll be setting a date when they find out about when he's being transfered and where after his training command.
The day before Thanksgiving I was fired from my job. Well... terminated... because I wasn't "needed anymore". Whatever. It was my step-father who fired me and he picked the day before Thanksgiving to do it. The day before he was to come to my house for dinner. I guess it's a good thing that I'm such a good actress. Everyone said that they would never have known anything was wrong.
In December we had yss come home from the treatment center. It's been an up and down road with him. He's been back into juvi twice now. There is just no telling if we're making progress or not sometimes. We can only hope and keep doing what we can to help him succeed.
Plans for the wedding have been in full swing now. Patsy found a dress that she adores and we're trying to figure out how to make it all work. January and February have been busy months with court dates and many other kid related things to keep us busy. I can only hope that the coming months will calm down so that we can catch our breath.
The beginning of November my daughter flew to Texas to attend the Marine Corp Ball with her boyfriend. While there her boyfriend proposed to her. We now have two daughters engaged. They'll be setting a date when they find out about when he's being transfered and where after his training command.
The day before Thanksgiving I was fired from my job. Well... terminated... because I wasn't "needed anymore". Whatever. It was my step-father who fired me and he picked the day before Thanksgiving to do it. The day before he was to come to my house for dinner. I guess it's a good thing that I'm such a good actress. Everyone said that they would never have known anything was wrong.
In December we had yss come home from the treatment center. It's been an up and down road with him. He's been back into juvi twice now. There is just no telling if we're making progress or not sometimes. We can only hope and keep doing what we can to help him succeed.
Plans for the wedding have been in full swing now. Patsy found a dress that she adores and we're trying to figure out how to make it all work. January and February have been busy months with court dates and many other kid related things to keep us busy. I can only hope that the coming months will calm down so that we can catch our breath.