Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Reality...
Had our first counceling session with the youngest bug today and his therapist via phone conference. It was good to hear that she has his number for sure. She called him on the whole thing of not making eye contact, and got a good dose of his "charm". He was cute. Said all the right things, but when we made the appt for our next session he was adamant that he wanted a pass to go out with us. It's still too soon, and the therapist wants to use it as a reward. So we'll go down and be with him and hang out and do another session in person. He's called daily and you can hear the homesickness. Last night was the hardest call yet. He kept just chattering on and on about how he's going to be home soon, and that he's following the rules, and then started talking about how he misses us. It's so hard and the mama bear in me wants to drive like a maniac to see him and just scoop him up and squeeze him and never let go. The "adult" prevails though and I try to reassure him long distance over a phone line that we do miss him and love him so much. What else can you do?
Otherwise, life is just life. Haven't heard another peep out of the other two kids in CA. DS16 is getting his permit finally, out of necessity. XH's dad isn't doing well and they need DS to start driving when he can. I'm glad that DS finally got some kind of motivation to drive, but that 50 hours behind the wheel is going to be a royal pain! DD17 is still pregnant LOL She's definately nesting and can't stop buying baby clothes no matter how much I tell her that she should wait and see what the baby actually needs after her baby shower. I'm just a dumb mom, don't know what I"m talking about. DD18 is registered for college and bought all but one of her books. She was so excited that she paid for them herself. I just hope that she can keep up the excitement and momentum about the classes she's taking.
DH and I are still trying to figure out this whole "no kids in the house" thing. With my 3 staying at their dad's most of the time right now it's been really quiet. I did have my nephew over yesterday and put him to work moving furniture around. We moved a bed upstairs and are rearranging the basement to get two bedrooms out of it. I've got painting and more organizing to do, but I've got time to get it done with the two gone to CA for a month. I just need to keep plugging away at it. It's starting to look less like a storage room down there and more like we actually live there. My next job is to find a heating company to come do the work on our heater. We have got to have heat in the basement before winter. The space heater just doesn't cut the chill down there enough and the girls froze down there last year even with electric blankets. So that's a necessity. Otherwise we're making do with making it livable. If we didn't have to pay the atty $7700 to fight the hex then the plan was to get the basement finished this summer and get the bathroom in. Guess the kids will need to just deal with it. I already told DH that if they complain too much that I'm going to just remind them how much the atty cost and what we wanted to do with the money. Too bad... reality bites.
So that's the update from our section of the asylum for today...
Otherwise, life is just life. Haven't heard another peep out of the other two kids in CA. DS16 is getting his permit finally, out of necessity. XH's dad isn't doing well and they need DS to start driving when he can. I'm glad that DS finally got some kind of motivation to drive, but that 50 hours behind the wheel is going to be a royal pain! DD17 is still pregnant LOL She's definately nesting and can't stop buying baby clothes no matter how much I tell her that she should wait and see what the baby actually needs after her baby shower. I'm just a dumb mom, don't know what I"m talking about. DD18 is registered for college and bought all but one of her books. She was so excited that she paid for them herself. I just hope that she can keep up the excitement and momentum about the classes she's taking.
DH and I are still trying to figure out this whole "no kids in the house" thing. With my 3 staying at their dad's most of the time right now it's been really quiet. I did have my nephew over yesterday and put him to work moving furniture around. We moved a bed upstairs and are rearranging the basement to get two bedrooms out of it. I've got painting and more organizing to do, but I've got time to get it done with the two gone to CA for a month. I just need to keep plugging away at it. It's starting to look less like a storage room down there and more like we actually live there. My next job is to find a heating company to come do the work on our heater. We have got to have heat in the basement before winter. The space heater just doesn't cut the chill down there enough and the girls froze down there last year even with electric blankets. So that's a necessity. Otherwise we're making do with making it livable. If we didn't have to pay the atty $7700 to fight the hex then the plan was to get the basement finished this summer and get the bathroom in. Guess the kids will need to just deal with it. I already told DH that if they complain too much that I'm going to just remind them how much the atty cost and what we wanted to do with the money. Too bad... reality bites.
So that's the update from our section of the asylum for today...