Saturday, July 08, 2006
The bad and the good of today....
I have to tell you guys about yss. This is the kid we've had so many serious serious issues with. Today, you wouldn't know he was the same kid.
Let me start with last night (the bad! ugh!) With the court decision that yss has to stay with us until his placement he was given permission to drive with DH to Reno for the drop off if he wanted to. As soon as oss and ysd heard that we might all be going they started the instant pressure on yss not to go so that they would have more room in the car. DH and I both told yss that it was up to him. He begged me to tell him what we would do and I told him that I wouldn't plan anything until he made his decision (I certainly don't want hex saying that I bribed him to make him stay away from him!) After yss and DH talked about it yss decided that he wanted to stay home so that he didn't have to "stay in the car and fight with my brother all day". DH had him call and talk to hex, who of course turned it around and made it totally a downer. Her conversation with yss was something about, "it will be sooooo hard on you baby to see me and not be able to goooooo with me. It will be easier on you if you don't have to goooo through that, but I looooooove you baby." When yss told us, I just emphasized that it was good that he talked to his mom and that it was good that he could see how hard it is for him to be stuck in a car for that long even if it meant he could drive back with just DH and I for the trip home. He was FINE... even if the hex couldn't see that it wasn't that hard for him to figure out that it would be easier on HIM this way and that it wasn't about her!! grrrr What a witch she is to try and make him feel that there is something wrong with not wanting to sit in the car and trying to make him feel guilty when it's HER who has the issues!! Of course heaven forbid that she even get a hint that yss doesn't give a rats fanny that he see her except that she buys him crap. She's such... just.... oh why do I bother...
*sigh*
So today... The good!! We got up this morning and packed the car and got oss and ysd ready. Woke yss to tell DH, oss, and ysd g'bye. As soon as they were out the door yss was all over me wanting hugs and asking what we were going to do for the day, and boy did he have ideas!! First he wanted to bathe all the cats, and then wanted to go shopping, and then swimming, and, and, and, (you can see the excitement of a 10 yo who has a whole day to himself! LOL) I redirected him a bit and told him we needed to eat and get dressed first thing, then see what we could plan. His next idea was to invite g-ma and g-pa over for breakfast (my mom and sf). Sure thing, he called and they said sure. This little boy just was beside himself. He helped me cook, he set the table THREE TIMES!! LOL He set it once, then decided that the silverware didn't match, so set it again, then decided we should eat outside on our patio so set it a third time! He was so cute! When my parents got here he shushed me and said he'd get the door, he greeted them and then asked if there was anything he could take for them, and asked them in. A TOTAL gentleman. Then he showed them to the patio and offered them juice or another drink and poured drinks for them. He helped me serve breakfast (biscuits and gravy and orange slices). Set out the butter, jam, and honey and then insisted that we say grace. He said the sweetest blessing and even blessed his sibs and DH on their trip and that he'd finish his program quickly so he could be at home. My parents had so much fun with him... He was even just cute while he told them about his program and what the court ordered. He was very adamant that he was going to finish up quickly and that he wanted to come home soon. He kept telling them that he gets to be "an only child" for awhile. I think he's eating up all the undivided attention. After we ate he cleared the table, put away all the food, and washed all the dishes WITHOUT ME ASKING!!! Then begged g-pa to let him come help him in their yard and work for him. He changed and I just sent them all off to Home Depot (poor mom with the two guys at a hardware store! LOL) and then to work at their house. I am just amazed. This little boy is just a charm. So I'm going to boast a bit about our positive moments. We've had so many bad that I have to share the good when they do happen. These are the moments that just tug at my heartstrings. He was so good this morning. Polite, courteous, and just helpful! Today was one of the moments that I enjoy having with him, and reminds me how much I love that darn kid, dagnabit!!!
Let me start with last night (the bad! ugh!) With the court decision that yss has to stay with us until his placement he was given permission to drive with DH to Reno for the drop off if he wanted to. As soon as oss and ysd heard that we might all be going they started the instant pressure on yss not to go so that they would have more room in the car. DH and I both told yss that it was up to him. He begged me to tell him what we would do and I told him that I wouldn't plan anything until he made his decision (I certainly don't want hex saying that I bribed him to make him stay away from him!) After yss and DH talked about it yss decided that he wanted to stay home so that he didn't have to "stay in the car and fight with my brother all day". DH had him call and talk to hex, who of course turned it around and made it totally a downer. Her conversation with yss was something about, "it will be sooooo hard on you baby to see me and not be able to goooooo with me. It will be easier on you if you don't have to goooo through that, but I looooooove you baby."
*sigh*
So today... The good!! We got up this morning and packed the car and got oss and ysd ready. Woke yss to tell DH, oss, and ysd g'bye. As soon as they were out the door yss was all over me wanting hugs and asking what we were going to do for the day, and boy did he have ideas!! First he wanted to bathe all the cats, and then wanted to go shopping, and then swimming, and, and, and, (you can see the excitement of a 10 yo who has a whole day to himself! LOL) I redirected him a bit and told him we needed to eat and get dressed first thing, then see what we could plan. His next idea was to invite g-ma and g-pa over for breakfast (my mom and sf). Sure thing, he called and they said sure. This little boy just was beside himself. He helped me cook, he set the table THREE TIMES!! LOL He set it once, then decided that the silverware didn't match, so set it again, then decided we should eat outside on our patio so set it a third time! He was so cute! When my parents got here he shushed me and said he'd get the door, he greeted them and then asked if there was anything he could take for them, and asked them in. A TOTAL gentleman. Then he showed them to the patio and offered them juice or another drink and poured drinks for them. He helped me serve breakfast (biscuits and gravy and orange slices). Set out the butter, jam, and honey and then insisted that we say grace. He said the sweetest blessing and even blessed his sibs and DH on their trip and that he'd finish his program quickly so he could be at home. My parents had so much fun with him... He was even just cute while he told them about his program and what the court ordered. He was very adamant that he was going to finish up quickly and that he wanted to come home soon. He kept telling them that he gets to be "an only child" for awhile. I think he's eating up all the undivided attention. After we ate he cleared the table, put away all the food, and washed all the dishes WITHOUT ME ASKING!!! Then begged g-pa to let him come help him in their yard and work for him. He changed and I just sent them all off to Home Depot (poor mom with the two guys at a hardware store! LOL) and then to work at their house. I am just amazed. This little boy is just a charm. So I'm going to boast a bit about our positive moments. We've had so many bad that I have to share the good when they do happen. These are the moments that just tug at my heartstrings. He was so good this morning. Polite, courteous, and just helpful! Today was one of the moments that I enjoy having with him, and reminds me how much I love that darn kid, dagnabit!!!