Tuesday, June 27, 2006

And the band marches on...

Call me crazy... but I did it again... yup I volunteered. I must be a glutton for punishment! HA!
See about this time last year we started having band parent meetings. At the time I had two kids in the HS band and 2 more on their way up. The current bookkeeper is having some health issues and needed some help. I volunteered, sure I can help ya out, no problem. Well, about 7 months later after no word from the gal, I basically figured I was off the hook, when I start getting these strange comments from my kids and their friends, "Hey you're going to be doing the money for the band!" I smile and just nod, because of course I have no idea what they're talking about. About a month later and not much before the end of the school year I finally get a call, "Can you still take the books?" SURE! So as of today I'm officially the bookkeeper for the HS band. I now have the unmitigated joy of getting nasty phone calls from parents who don't like that their kid has to pay to participate in a co-curricular activity. HA! How much more fun can I have?? The upside is, I can deal with them. The director is my Dad, so if all else fails I'll just sick them on him. I also have a reason to go hang out with him more... yes, I need an excuse, he's not the easiest guy to pin down. So think of me when you see the marching band in your local town. I'll be the one walking behind the band with the cup asking for donations, or picking up the pennies in the street to help pay for the trip to the next big event! HA!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?