Monday, May 15, 2006

A little ditty...

The back story is that my 16 yo DS and I were sitting in the living room cracking each other up. He started singing the warped version of christmas carols... so I made up a few lines and had him rolling on the floor. After about 20 mins of this he decided that we had to write it down. We then took our show on the road and sang it to my step-mom when we delivered flowers to her for mother's day... so without further adieu... our little ditty.

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Wait a minute, that's not right
That's the wrong holiday, hay!

Cherry trees chopped down
Valentines of red
Fuzzy groundhogs waking up
and witches brooms I dread.

Oh! Wearing green, kiss me quick,
I'm Irish for the day.
What's this now? Easter eggs??
That's not for this holiday - ay!

We can't seem to get this right
I'm getting so forlorn
Holidays swirl through our heads
Just like old popping corn. Oh!

We are so confused
Holidays swirl round
Witches, ghosts, and pilgrims now
Are running round the town! Oh!

Will we ever get this right?
I'm starting not to care.
Will we ever figure out
Just what is in the air - air!

Dashing round with roses
And cards and wishes too.
Wait! I think we've got it now...
Happy Mother's Day to You!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?