Wednesday, April 19, 2006

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me...

Ah the voices. The ones in my head. The ones from my family. The kids, the skids, the ex's, coworkers, etc ad nauseum. So they finally got to me. I'm officially in enough of a mindless spin that my DH took me to see a doctor. Seems all these years that the screaming symptoms of panic were exactly that... panic and anxiety. So, I haven't been having daily heart attacks. I haven't lost my mind (totally). I'm just overloaded and my body is reacting. How fun is that? So I'm not on these lovely little pills... two at the moment. Seems one needs to build up to full strength so he gave me what is similar to valium to handle things in the meantime. In hindsight, I should have done this 6 months ago. I thought I could handle everything. In reality, as my lovely doctor put it, you're not superhuman and you need to be able to cope first, then deal. I've been without a panic attack for 3 days now. No racing heart, no chest pains, no feeling of crawling out of my skin or waking up screaming. Those little pills are my new best friends, for now. First we cope... then we deal.... I'm coping... soon I hope to be able to deal. Guess we'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?