Thursday, May 27, 2004
A good night!
Can I just say that I really really REALLY love my ysd. :) She really is such a great kid! She is smart, she's been honor roll material all year. She's athletic, she's done basketball last fall, and just finished up softball this spring. She's musical, she plays the alto and tenor saxophone in the middle school band. She's bright, charming, sweet, is involved in church youth group, student body at school, and everyone just adores her.
We had another night like you get when you have multiple kidlets... too many things and not enough bodies to accompany kidlets to all events. So we split the difference. Dad took the boys to cub scouts for their bike rodeo and I got to take ysd to do a very brief visit the elementary open house (needed those River Cats tickets!) and then we headed off to her Spring Middle School Band Concert. She's such a great kid. Hammed it up for me when I was taking pictures. She even smiled and actually acted like she didn't mind that I'm her geeky step-mom taking pictures of her with her director. I even got a hug and a "thanks for coming with me tonight" before she went to bed!!!
It's the little things like this girl that make me remember why I can't give up on all the kids. She's just too precious and I know she has great things ahead of her. Thanks to whoever it was that made sure she was part of the package deal I got with my DH. This makes being a step-mom something that I can look forward to.
Till later....
We had another night like you get when you have multiple kidlets... too many things and not enough bodies to accompany kidlets to all events. So we split the difference. Dad took the boys to cub scouts for their bike rodeo and I got to take ysd to do a very brief visit the elementary open house (needed those River Cats tickets!) and then we headed off to her Spring Middle School Band Concert. She's such a great kid. Hammed it up for me when I was taking pictures. She even smiled and actually acted like she didn't mind that I'm her geeky step-mom taking pictures of her with her director. I even got a hug and a "thanks for coming with me tonight" before she went to bed!!!
It's the little things like this girl that make me remember why I can't give up on all the kids. She's just too precious and I know she has great things ahead of her. Thanks to whoever it was that made sure she was part of the package deal I got with my DH. This makes being a step-mom something that I can look forward to.
Till later....